Friday, October 30, 2009

She puts coffee in her coffee

If anyone took away my coffee I would be homicidal. Guartunteed. Don't test me. This is serious business, folks. I need my fix. It ain't just a morning thing, either. It's all day every day.

It starts before the sun comes up. The aroma of the fresh coffee beans out of the mini-grinder, it wafts across the house, as the coffee pot fills up with the deliciousness. It sounds like a commericial but its music to my ears, nose and taste buds. I am snagged, hook, line and sinker.

I must go through at least two travel mugs during my early morning shifts. Then other cups through the day. When I head to job #2, I cruise through Starbucks for the grande size. Their brew is S-T-R-O-N-G. Good stuff! Talk about a pick-me-up!

There are days at Starbucks when I want a latte (fat free, sugar free vanilla), or an iced coffee (cream and two splenda). There are even times when I lust for a lite frap. When all is said and done I just love coffee. It's plain and simple. The taste, the smell, the flavors, the options, the convenience, the energy.

I can't be the only person who feels this way. Coffee places are popping up everywhere. It's like cancer. We're turning into zombies, zooming around with a glazed look on our faces clutching the brown steaming crack in our palms.

My former co-workers in Tampa would laugh at me. We'd be driving from one random story to another, when I would announce something like "hey, make a left at this light, go one block and there's a Panera on the right". That was my indication it was time to get Hackett another cup of coffee. I had "coffee radar". I knew every place that sold coffee-to-go within a 4 county radius,
My coffee dealers are EVERYWHERE.

We lead such busy lives and we need a big kick in the ass to get through the day. Well, at least I do :)

I stop at Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts when I am at school - yes, they are both on campus. It's turned into an addiction and an obession. Do they have C.A. meetings?

I don't want to say, "I can quit any time I want", because I don't think I could. I LOVE coffee.

"You put coffee in your coffee",
-David, "Dream for an Insomniac"

No comments:

Post a Comment